This post is one in a series on how to create a compelling series of images that convey a sense of place and tell a story.
CASE STUDY: AL FRESCO BREAKFAST
Next time you’re taking photos, rather than trying to capture everything in a single image, take several detail shots to flesh out your story.
Have a look at the images in this case study:
- Overview of al fresco brunch
- Close-up of fruit
- Close-up of muesli in spoon
- Close-up of yogurt with muesli
Do you see how each image tells part of the story? Each of these images is a single idea. By combining several images together, a story can be created.
TIPS TO GREAT DETAIL SHOTS:
- Vary the camera angle in each shot. Shoot up, down, out, across, or through a subject.
- Frame your subject tightly to omit clutter. Reveal part of the subject.
SIGN UP NOW FOR BRIT’S CLASSES
No post processing skills necessary for any of Brit’s courses.
You can also work with Brit privately
Mentoring: Schedule a live session with Brit via Skype
Get a private image video review: Private Video Image Reviews
Find out about all of Brit’s courses, including Photographing Fine Art & Craft