Learn Photoshop the right way.
Anyone could create a great image with Photoshop. You don’t need me for that. But, how long might it take? Few can achieve the quality results they or their employers or customers desire in only 5 Minutes or less. Time is money. It ought to be YOUR money. I ask photographers and photo-editors, “How long would you estimate it will take to create this or that,” they quote 4 hours to 2 weeks. Hey, If it’s more than 5 minutes, you’re working too hard. Join us, and start ramping-up your profitability and skill!
What Students are saying:
“It was the best 2 hours I’ve spent in education. I learned more from your class than in 14 weeks at University.”
—Jack Hunter, New Yorker Magazine cover artist.
This course is not a boring tool-by-tool explanation. Rather, it is a compilation of what Rick’s clients (over the past 34 years) say they wish they’d learned about Photoshop from the start. There is no substitute for saving time while increasing your quality! All skill levels will learn from this 30+ year Master of Photoshop.
Week 1—The Right Beginning: Selections are Stencils
- In week one, Rick eases into a foundation for accomplishing the most difficult and time-consuming tasks in all of Photoshop. We set the stage for future expertise.
- Selection shortcuts no one knows
- Objects vs. Pixels on canvas, and how to “jump” or isolate photoshop subjects.
- Intro to Channels and Masks
- Intro to “Non-Destructive Image Editing”
- Smart Objects,
- Adobe Camera Raw vs. Photoshop’s Camera Raw Filter
Week 2—Layer Masks, Blend Modes, and custom brushes
- Layer Masks for Creative Effects
- “Lights On, Lights Off”
- “Bridge is Married to Photoshop”
- Creating a “Watermark”
- 5 shortcuts for custom “Fills”
- Making History – and controlling it.
Week 3—Accurate Color & Sharpening Images
- RGB/CMYK/L*a*b*—How L*a*b* makes accurate color a breeze.
- How “Editing in CMYK Mode” destroys your images
- Accurate Color Settings per output device/substrate/paper combination
- A Crash Course in Color Management
- Don’t lose the 8% of your customer base due to this color issue (free money on the table here!)
- Set accurate color globally with one click for all Adobe Creative Cloud apps—except for the one “Rebel.”
- Photoshop’s “Glitter & Glue” technique is a marvel!
Week 4—The Holy Grail—Cutting images from their backgrounds
- Cutting Images out of Backgrounds—in 5 minutes or less
- The “Hair Trick”
- Advanced Channels
- Combining Channels
- Make a custom “Hair Brush”
- Make a Stencil or mask from any photograph
- Weekly, you’ll have direct access to Rick, his critiques of your work, assignments, and questions, to which he will respond individually via a recorded YouTube video—just for you. His analogies alone are worth the price of admission, and will really help you to remember the key concepts.
This course is for photographers of all levels. You must have Adobe Photoshop.
Instructor: Rick Burress
Rick Burress has consulted and taught professional photographers for over 30 years. His work has appeared in the award-winning Arizona Highways Magazine, and is a published author and consultant.
What students are saying about Rick:
“I just finished The Real Photoshop Course with you and I just wanted to let you know that this is a great course. I’m a newbie to Photoshop and like others it can be some what intimidating. (it was for me LOL) You really made it easy to understand and you help too ease the fear of using certain functions in Photoshop. Absolutely love this course.!!!
I would highly recommend this course to all who either struggle or feel intimated by Photoshop. Your enthusiasm and love to teach others makes learning easy. Looking forward to seeing more of you as part of the BPSOP family.” – John O’Brien
“Okay, now I just want to say “Thank You!” You are awesome. I am learning so much. Thank you for the clarity you have provided. I knew right what you were talking about when you discussed color space and printing mediums. You cleaned things up so nice. You are, dare I say it?, a genius! (Now don’t go photoshopping your head real big!)Thank you again for sharing your vast knowledge with us and providing it in an understandable fun way.
Excited to be learning so much.” – Dave
“Just finished the Real Photoshop Course and Ricks teaching style is superb. I only used photoshop to remove some wires in a shot but know I have learned so much in four weeks. I just saw the announcement for the Bridge course, on my list for my next course. Rick is a wonderful asset to BPSOP. Great job!” – Al Fox