This post is one in a series on how to create a compelling series of images that convey a sense of place and help tell a story.
CASE STUDY: COFFEE-TIME!
Next time you’re taking photos, include detail shots to flesh out your story. Details shots, when added together with photos of people, help show the mood of your scene.
Have a look at the images in this case study:
- Sign at the door reading “fully booked, reservations only”
- Sign on the wall reading “Coffeeology”
- Reserved sign on table
- Fork about to dive into a piece of chocolate cake
TIPS TO GREAT DETAIL SHOTS:
- Vary the camera angle in each shot. Shoot up, down, out, across, or through a subject.
- Frame your subject tightly to omit clutter. Reveal part of the subject.
SIGN UP NOW FOR BRIT’S CLASSES
No post processing skills necessary for any of Brit’s courses.
You can also work with Brit privately
Mentoring: Schedule a live session with Brit via Skype
Get a private image video review: Private Video Image Reviews
Find out about all of Brit’s courses, including Photographing Fine Art & Craft